This is one of the dishes that I make almost every week for my family. I am sure this recipe is very far from the original Thai curry which probably requires at least fish sauce and ginger, but this is the version that my whole family loves and it takes 20 minutes to cook.
What you will need:
- 1 cup of jasmine rice, cooked as indicated on the packaging
- 2 medium chicken breasts cut in small pieces
- 1 medium zucchini slices in half circles
- ½ red onion sliced in thin half circles
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 t. sp. of Thai Green curry paste
- 2 tb. sp. coconut oil or cooking olive oil divided equally
Start preparation of the dinner by first placing the rice pot on the stove, as rice will actually take longer to cook than the Thai curry dish.
Start frying the chicken breast in the pan with a bit of oil. Sprinkle with salt and cover with a lid until well cooked. Then remove the lid and let it fry a little.
Meanwhile in a separate pan warm up the rest of the oil, add onions, simmer for 2-3 min and add zucchini. In another 3-4 minutes add red bell pepper. Add green curry paste and the chicken that’s been frying on the side to the mix. Stir all well together, add coconut milk and cook for another 2-3 min. Add salt if needed. Vegetables should be a little crunchy. Enjoy with the jasmine rice.
More on www.instagram.com/q.licious